Published on: 06/10/2021 12:00:00 AM UTC
Last Modified on: 06/10/2021 04:28:00 PM UTC
An information exposure through log file vulnerability exists in the Palo Alto Networks Prisma Cloud Compute Console where a secret used to authorize the role of the authenticated user is logged to a debug log file. Authenticated Operator role and Auditor role users with access to the debug log files can use this secret to gain Administrator role access for their active session in Prisma Cloud Compute. Prisma Cloud Compute SaaS versions were automatically upgraded to the fixed release. This issue impacts all Prisma Cloud Compute versions earlier than Prisma Cloud Compute 21.04.412.
- CVE-2021-3039 has been assigned by [email protected] to track the vulnerability
- Palo Alto Networks is not aware of any malicious exploitation of this issue.
- Affected Vendor/Software: Palo Alto Networks - Prisma Cloud Compute version < 21.04.412
- Affected Vendor/Software: Palo Alto Networks - Prisma Cloud Compute version !>= 21.04.412
- Operator role and Auditor role users can be temporarily disabled in the Prisma Cloud Compute Console until Prisma Cloud Compute is upgraded to a fixed version.
|CVE-2021-3039 Prisma Cloud Compute: User role authorization secret for Console leaked through log file export|| security.paloaltonetworks.com |
Known Affected Software
|Palo Alto Networks||Prisma_Cloud_Compute||< 21.04.412|
|Palo Alto Networks||Prisma_Cloud_Compute||!>= 21.04.412|
Palo Alto Networks thanks Jakub Palaczynski for discovering and reporting this issue.
|@CVEreport||CVE-2021-3039 : An information exposure through log file vulnerability exists in the Palo Alto Networks Prisma Clou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…||2021-06-10 12:37:02|
|@autumn_good_35||CVE-2021-3039 Prisma Cloud Compute: User role authorization secret for Console leaked through log file export… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…||2021-06-10 13:49:56|