Date Published: 2022-03-14
QID 240125: Red Hat Update for kernel-rt (RHSA-2022:0821)
the kernel-rt packages provide the real time linux kernel, which enables fine-tuning for systems with extremely high determinism requirements.Security Fix(es):
- kernel: improper initialization of the "flags" member of the new pipe_buffer (cve-2022-0847)
- kernel: fget: check that the fd still exists after getting a ref to it (cve-2021-4083)
- kernel: possible privileges escalation due to missing tlb flush (cve-2022-0330)
- kernel: cgroups v1 release_agent feature may allow privilege escalation (cve-2022-0492)
- kernel: failing usercopy allows for use-after-free exploitation (cve-2022-22942)
- Red Hat enterprise linux for real time - telecommunications update service 8.2 x86_64
- Red Hat enterprise linux for real time for nfv - telecommunications update service 8.2 x86_64
Note: The preceding description block is extracted directly from the security advisory. Using automation, we have attempted to clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could lead to a security breach or could affect integrity, availability, and confidentiality.
- RHSA-2022:0821 - access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2022:0821
CVEs related to QID 240125
|RHSA-2022:0821||Red Hat Enterprise Linux||access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2022:0821|