Date Published: 2022-03-15
QID 240144: Red Hat Update for kpatch-patch (RHSA-2022:0849)
this is a kernel live patch module which is automatically loaded by the rpm post-install script to modify the code of a running kernel.Security Fix(es):
- kernel: use after free in unix_gc() which could result in a local privilege escalation (cve-2021-0920)
- kernel: local privilege escalation by exploiting the fsconfig syscall parameter leads to container breakout (cve-2021-4154)
- kernel: possible privileges escalation due to missing tlb flush (cve-2022-0330)
- kernel: remote stack overflow via kernel panic on systems using tipc may lead to dos (cve-2022-0435)
- kernel: cgroups v1 release_agent feature may allow privilege escalation (cve-2022-0492)
- kernel: failing usercopy allows for use-after-free exploitation (cve-2022-22942)
- Red Hat enterprise linux for x86_64 8 x86_64
- Red Hat enterprise linux for power, little endian 8 ppc64le
Note: The preceding description block is extracted directly from the security advisory. Using automation, we have attempted to clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability could lead to a security breach or could affect integrity, availability, and confidentiality.
- RHSA-2022:0849 - access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2022:0849
CVEs related to QID 240144
|RHSA-2022:0849||Red Hat Enterprise Linux||access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2022:0849|